Schedule an Appointment
- Go to student.msu.edu and login with your NETID and password
- Select the Academic Progress tile
- Click the tab on the left, labeled Advising/Tutoring Appointments
- To schedule a new appointment, click Create New Appointment
- You will now fill out the New Appointment section details:
- Category: choose Advising
- Advising/Tutoring Unit: Select College of Natural Science
- Appointment Reason: Click on the magnifying glass icon and select Human Biology or Pre-Health
- Additional Information: Enter more details to assist the advisor with preparing for the appointment
- Appointment Type: Choose an available option for how the appointment will be held (Zoom or In-person)
- Once all of the information has been entered, click Select Advisor:
- View the Advisor name and Location
- Click the Time Selected drop-down menu to view available times, then click Select Time to confirm the appointment
- You may need to click on the "Next Days" tab to see if there is availability for a future date
- You will be returned to the New Appointment screen where you can review any notes from the advisor/tutor and confirm the appointment.
- Click Book It!
Scheduling an appointment with a Pre-Health Peer Advisor
The Pre-Health Peer Advisors provide the perspective of upper-class pre-health students
in assisting other students with a variety of advising needs, such as exploring co-curricular
activities, major exploration, pre-health prerequisites, and application preparation.
PPA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PPA Appointments: Schedule an appointment with a PPA using the Advising Appointment System.
Please note: You must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 to meet with a Peer Advisor. If your GPA is below a 2.5, please schedule with one of the professional advisors.
Due to New Student Orientation, Pre-Health advising for new students entering MSU in Fall 2023 will begin in August with our Pre-Health Essentials sessions. These sessions will provide you with the essential information you need to stay on track with your chosen health career! Please attend a
Pre-Health Essentials session before scheduling an individual meeting with an advisor. You can register for an Essentials session beginning in August HERE.
Please also meet with your major advisor to discuss courses for the upcoming Fall 2023 semester.
Not seeing any availability?
Please be sure to follow all instructions listed above when searching for appointment availability.
All of our availability for appointments is listed on the Appointment System for 2 weeks out. If you do not see any appointments available it means that our appointments for the next 2 weeks are already booked.
We open up more appointments on Mondays. Please check back to see if appointments have been canceled or more have been added.
Additional training modules and support for using the Student Information System (SIS) can be accessed below:
Prospective/Transfer Students and MSU Graduates
Prospective Students: Make an appointment by calling 517-355-8419.
Transfer Students & MSU Graduates: Make an appointment by calling 517-355-4470